2020 and 2021 have proven to be unique years for the world and the FAB Girls 5K Challenge Program. We were hoping to be able to return to our in-person FAB Girls 5K Challenge Program for 2021, however due to the continuing provincial guidelines around COVID-19 we are looking at starting our program virtually via zoom and then hopefully transitioning to an in-person program once we are able to do so based on Public Health guidelines and direction.
What this means for our FAB Girls and Parents!
Good News!! We will be starting our 2021 FAB Girls 5K Challenge Program via zoom! Our FAB girls will be meeting with their FAB coaches once a week starting March 22, 2021. Our registration period begins on February 8 and will close on March 1, 2021. Please note: we will have a reduced capacity on our program participants and will be offering our 2021 FAB Girls 5K Challenge to 80 girls only for 2021.
Our sessions will be 90 minutes and will be occurring on either a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening from 6-7:30 pm. The overarching goals of our program remain the same:
- Encourage girls to live a healthy and active lifestyle
- Develop goal setting skills and confidence that will help girls live an empowered life
- Develop the 5 C’s of Positive Youth Development (confidence, caring, connection, character, competence)
We have also made a few improvements from our 2020 virtual program:
- Sessions will be 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes – which means 30 more minutes of fun and connection with their fellow FAB girls and coaches.
- FAB girls will receive their FAB shirt and FAB journal via mail.
- FAB girls will earn a new pair of running shoes by participating in our program.
Coaches will reach out to registered FAB girls the week of March 15 to welcome them to our 2021 FAB Girls 5K Challenge Program.
We will continue to monitor the public health guidelines and will advise if / when we are able to move to an in-person program.